Lotus Flower Lesson
Learn exactly how to create painterly ELEGANT STYLIZED flowers based on Egyptian lotus motif, using the power of foreshortening to create 3D shapes.
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL:
- Learn how to draw Egyptian-inspired lotus flowers
- Understand the power of how to convert flat flower motifs into 3D through the power of foreshortening
- Learn how to use foreshortening to add 3D-looking details and patterns
- Learn a solid set of guidelines to help you develop your own unique flowers
- Learn how to apply loose, painterly coloring using watercolors and colored pencils
- Create flower bouquets in soft, lovely colors
- Create, color and shade a project from beginning to end
WHY THIS LESSON IS IMPORTANT!
Learn about Foreshortening
This lesson is not about you watching me create flowers and copying them. This class will show you the tremendous power of foreshortening, an optical illusion used in perspective design to make things look more 3-dimensional. This SOLID method will show you how to create hundreds of different types of beautiful Lotus flowers and bouquets.
An advanced 1-hour long video with bonus PDFs
Includes video captions!
Hi there! I'm Eni Oken, artist since the age of 8, art instructor and teacher for almost 30 years, author of hundreds of articles, tutorials, video lessons and ebooks online and books in print, on various different subjects such as fantasy design, jewelry making and in recent years, the Zentangle method. My true passion is exploring methods and tools on how a person can create something remarkable in art, and teaching it to others so they can grow artistically.
Certified Zentangle Teacher® since 2016
Understand *exactly* how to create elegant 3D flowers
Frequently Asked Questions
An advanced lesson for those ready to explore beyond doodle daisies