Blue Sun Lesson
Learn how to create a gorgeous stylized sun using yellow pen and colored pencils, leveraging the power of modular libraries
Slowly chisel away shapes to reveal dimensional shapes
- Understand how to create a library of basic elements to form complex, layered pictures
- Learn TWO different layouts to create a GORGEOUS stylized sun motif
- Understand how to explore your own media to choose the right pencils and pens
- Create a library and a secret alphabet to create picture-coded messages
- Learn an amazing coloring technique with yellow pen and colored pencils over white paper
- Create and color a project from beginning to end
- And so many tips and tricks!
WHY THIS LESSON IS IMPORTANT!
The Power of Modular Libraries
If you are a Zentangle artist, you probably understand the power of libraries by collecting tangle patterns. In this lesson, you'll learn how to leverage even more this useful tool: combine different simple shapes to form much more complex results.
Intermediate 55-minute long video lesson, including bonus PDFs
Includes video captions!
Hi there! I'm Eni Oken, artist since the age of 8, art instructor and teacher for almost 30 years, author of hundreds of articles, tutorials, video lessons and ebooks online and books in print, on various different subjects such as fantasy design, jewelry making and in recent years, the Zentangle method. My true passion is exploring methods and tools on how a person can create something remarkable in art, and teaching it to others so they can grow artistically.
Certified Zentangle Teacher® since 2016
A solid technique showing how to color with yellow pen and colored pencils over white paper
Frequently Asked Questions
Two different motifs using a fun and beautiful coloring technique
"This is a super fun lesson! I already know what I want to do differently in my next one!"
Tracy Lucero via Facebook
What are you waiting for? Let's do this: