3D Grids Lesson
Learn how to create 3-dimensional grids through the use of contour lines, through the development of this gorgeous “botanical fruit inspired” project.
Learn about atmospheric fog and turning grids, and how to create CONTOUR LINES, a technique which can transform any Zentangle string section into a 3-dimensional shape.
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL:
- Learn to understand the difference between flat grids and 3-dimensional grids
- Learn how to create contour lines to create 3-D structures for grid patterns
- Learn to adapt grid units into 3D, compensating for size
- Learn about edgework and how it can enhance your work
- Learn the different components of shading 3D grids
- Create a project from beginning to end adapting 3D grids to different shapes
- Learn how to add foggy atmosphere to the tile background
Intermediate/Advanced 56-minute long video lesson, including bonus PDFs
Hi there! I'm Eni Oken, artist since the age of 8, art instructor and teacher for almost 30 years, author of hundreds of articles, tutorials, video lessons and ebooks online and books in print, on various different subjects such as fantasy design, jewelry making and in recent years, the Zentangle method. My true passion is exploring methods and tools on how a person can create something remarkable in art, and teaching it to others so they can grow artistically.
Certified Zentangle Teacher® since April 2016
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn to create incredibly 3-dimensional grids through contour lines and shading
"This is an amazing lesson! It truly HAS changed the way I approach grid patterns! Thanks, Eni!"
Cyndee P., The tireless tangler, via email
"Excellent lesson on 3D Grids. I was already familiar with this technique but the part on using the grid with the organic filler ie Garlic Cloves was technique new for me! Thanks Eni Oken for giving me a new tool!"
Ruth Carson via Facebook
What are you waiting for? Let's do this:
3D Grids Lesson